Builders Insurance Explained

Builders Insurance is meant to cover self employed builders, small building firms and building trades people against all potential liabilities they and the staff of theirs might face in the daily course of building works.

A common package will have public liability insurance to guard against all claims for loss and injury made against the builder by members and clients of the public.

Additional optional covers include Employers liability, that is a legal requirement in case the builder employs full time staff and bona fide sub contractors, tools insurance which covers all of the builders tools on or perhaps off Goods and site in transit cover which covers damage to materials and products in transit to and from a construction site.

Most policies are going to include Products liability as standard cover. This covers the builder against any defective materials he may have supplied.

All builders are going to require builders risk insurance due to the numerous amount of accidents and losses which can happen at a builders workplace.

At ground level all kinds of risks present themselves for which the builder might be held liable.

Electrical cables, tools, power tools, toolboxes, building materials including limestone cement, other chemicals and paint, moving machinery, pollution risks and damage to neighbouring property, are all real risks of building activity, from which very frequently accidents occur injuring other workers on site, members or clients of the public.

All builders insurance polices ask about the kinds of building work you do and specifically about whether you have height.

Scaffolding, walls, bricks, timber, roof tiles or perhaps even paint pots falling from height can seriously injure or perhaps even kill members of the public or any other site workers.

A typical builders insurance policy or perhaps liability package classes the type of risk into different height defined types each with their very own policy clauses and restrictions. An additional division is created by the property type that the builder usually works on, either commercial buildings or private houses.


Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)